Cesar Jose Diaz
Cell: (305) 343-0618 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn
I pursue a position where I can further my skills with system administration, network administration, and programming. Throughout my employment I have developed applications using Visual Basic, ASP.Net with C#, and MS SQL. I have also gained experience with using Active Directory, creating and managing a Microsoft SCCM server, and have provided desktop computer support to over 100 faculty/staff, and iPad support to over 1,600 students.
- Currently employed at Christopher Columbus High School as a Technology Specialist and Programmer.
- Worked at Florida International University as a computer lab assistant with the Division of IT.
- Interned with the Miami-Dade Aviation Department in their Information Systems Division.
- Received a Bachelors of Science from Florida International University in Information Technology.
SQL Management Studio
- Familiar with networking protocols such as BGP, OSPF, and router operating systems for Juniper JunOS and Cisco IOS.
- Skillful with computer hardware repairs and upgrades, Windows command prompt and Windows batch. Very skillful with Windows systems (Windows 10, 7) with knowledge on Linux and Mac OS.
- Able to create operating system images, capture them into SCCM, and deploy them over the network.
- Able to create custom desktop applications (Windows) using Visual Basic, storing data on MS SQL servers, and authenticating user accounts against Active Directory. Applications are able to import/export data from Excel files and can print data to printers. Can create Web applications (any OS, any device) using ASP.Net and C#, storing data on MS SQL servers, and can authenticate user accounts against Active Directory.
Christopher Columbus High School | April 2016 - Present
Provide desktop support to over 100 faculty/staff, and iPad support to over 1,600 students. Facilitate maintenance on computers and update the operating system images with up-to-date programs and Windows updates. Maintain Windows images using SCCM by capturing, configuring, and deploying images to specific areas of the school. Provide infrastructure support with servers and networking equipment. Developed multiple desktop programs handling event registration, student check-in, and inventory management. Details of these programs are listed in the Projects section below.
Click here to email my current director, Pedro Bello (email@example.com).
Computer Lab Assistant
FIU Department of IT | January 2015 - November 2015
Worked at FIU as a computer lab assistant in an open computer lab. Duties included assisting students with software or computer issues; also performed updates and maintenance on computers in classrooms and on kiosks around campus.
Click here to email my former manager, Michael Biros (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Miami-Dade Aviation Department | July 2014 - December 2014
Intern at Miami International Airport in the Info Systems department working with computer technicians and network managers. Duties included: upgrading computers; troubleshooting and fixing computers, printers and other devices; installing printers and software on client computers; also given the responsibility for organizing and keeping track of inventory in a small warehouse.
Click here to email my former manager, Sandy Mesa (email@example.com).
Click here to download a PDF version of my resume.
Custom Desktop/Web Applications
Christopher Columbus High School
Developed four custom applications for the school to handle various tasks such as event registration/management, student check-in,
financial contribution tracking, and inventory management. All applications store information to an MS SQL server and authenticate user
information against an Active Directory server. Most programs are capable of multithreaded processes, printing, and importing/exporting to/from
an Excel file. Desktop programs are written in Visual Basic (VB.Net).
Also developed a web based application to further extend the capabilities of the desktop applications, allowing for users to perform necessary tasks off-campus and on mobile devices. The web application can perform CRUD operations on an MS SQL server, and can also authenticate user information against an Active Directory server.
Java Tutorial Videos
FIU School of Computing and Info Sciences
Produced various java tutorial videos for the School of Computing. Topics covered include an introduction to Netbeans, variables, JOptionPane, iteration, arrays and more.
Click here to see my YouTube page.